37 Signs Your Manager Is A Leader With Emotional Intelligence
-Bill Marklein, Founder & CEO Employ Humanity
1. Model the desired behavior of the organization.
2. Pause. Respond more and react less.
3. Listen with curiosity.
4. Adapt quickly to different personalities, situations and strategy.
5. Are approachable.
6. Are accessible.
7. Disconnect from technology.
8. Use technology as a tool.
9. Create mini-moments for self-reflection.
10. Have an accurate self-assessment.
11. Practice mindfulness.
12. Create a culture where everybody has a voice and input.
13. Feel confident about their own skills, talents and abilities.
14. Feel the mood of the room they enter.
15. Are comfortably uncomfortable in emotionally charged situations.
16. Are a good judge of character.
17. Have difficult conversations with compassion and fairness.
18. Are not passive-aggressive.
19. Communicate really important things in person.
20. Do not expect to be happy at all times.
21. Embrace the suck.
22. Can pinpoint what triggers their stress.
23. Value quality over quantity in relationships.
24. Make human connection a priority.
25. Do not overreact to minor problems “the small stuff”.
26. Ask for feedback and how to improve things from the frontline bottom-up.
27. Promote fun and playfulness.
28. Have a sense of humor.
29. Look at life as infinite and promote legacy.
30. Are ethical and have high integrity.
31. Put people first.
32. Put the mission of the company into action in the halls not on the walls.
33. Inspire people to become the best versions of themselves.
34. Give credit and recognition for the little achievements.
35. Are authentic.
36. Promote family time.
37. Have faith and unshakable optimism during difficult times.